From time to time, we receive questions regarding our league rules and game formats. As our league is growing rapidly, we thought it important to outline these rules to help players understand how the TLSC league operates. These rules are designed, first and foremost, to keep our players experience in our league safe and enjoyable. Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with these important guidelines.
And as always, if you ever have a question or concern, please contact Coach Alex Lalaoui at 201-920-8523. Your comments and observations are always important to us.
TSLC ADULT LEAGUE GUIDELINES
A yellow card will result in a penalty of five minutes for the offending player and will be enforced by the match referee. The offending player may be substituted during this time. The following are examples of yellow card infractions:
- Unsportsmanlike conduct
- Showing dissent to the coach or match officials
- Persistent infringement of the rules (committing multiple fouls)
- Delaying the restart of play (not starting play quickly enough or preventing the start of play)
- Failure to respect the required distance (3 yards)
- Any active player that is about to be substituted must exit the field promptly and be off the field entirely before his/her substitute enters the field or that substitute gets the yellow
- Inactive substitute players must have their feet behind the table at all times and are prohibited from intercepting the ball for any reason or they will receive a yellow
A red card will receive a minimum penalty of automatic dismissal from the game and a maximum penalty of permanent dismissal from the league. The offending player must exit the field immediately upon receiving a red card. The player may not be substituted and the team must play short for the remainder of the game. The following are automatic red card offenses:
- Serious foul play (using violence during the game – ie; assaulting a player rather than going for the ball)
- Violent, dangerous or aggressive conduct (any other form of violence against anyone else – player, fan, official, etc)
- Spitting at a player, fan, official, etc
- Holding an opponent’s shirt or clothing
- Tackling with little or no concern for the safety of teammates or opponents
- Making contact with the opponent without making contact with the ball
- Deliberately handling the ball with any part of the hand or arm
- Deliberately and/or maliciously kicking, tripping, jumping, charging, pushing or attacking a player, fan or official
- Preventing a goal by knowingly handling the ball
- Preventing a goal or interfering with a clear goal-scoring chance by committing a foul
- Using offensive, insulting, or abusive language or gestures at any time during the running and operation of the league program which includes the time before, during, and after the matches. Offending players are subject to immediate disciplinary action up to and including a red card. Persistent offenders will be dismissed from the league.
- Being cautioned a second time in the same game for a yellow card infraction automatically earns the player a red card
- The matches are played in a 4 v 4 format, no goalkeepers.
- Each team pays a $600.00 fee to participate in our Monday or Thursday evening leagues. Individual players can pay a fee of $99 each and will be placed on a team.
- Fees are payable in cash or check. Your check needs to be made payable to The Soccer Learning Center. Fees must be paid on or before the first day of the beginning match.
- There are up to 10 players allowed per team roster.
- For our Monday night 35+ league, you may field an all-female team, an all-male team, or a co-ed team provided that all players are at least 35 years of age as of September 1st of the year that the league begins.
- For our Thursday evening league, it is mandatory to have at least one female player per roster, and one female player on the field at all times. All players in our Thursday evening league must be age 21 and over.
- You are allowed to play for the Monday Night 35+ league and the Thursday night league (provided you meet the age requirements for both). You are not allowed to play for more than one team on any one league.
- All players in all leagues must have a completed and signed waiver submitted to Coach Alex Lalaoui. If you are playing without a signed and submitted waiver, you will be removed from the match for the evening, you can be replaced by another player and you will be suspended from the next match as well.
- Games will be scored according to the following: Three points for a win; one point for a tie; and zero points for a loss, following FIFA scoring guidelines.
- Substitutions are unlimited and may be made on the fly (without referee’s permission) as long as the player on the field exits to the bench area before the substitute enters.
- After a 5-minute delay of a match’s scheduled start time, the referee reserves the right to forfeit the game of the team that is not prepared to play. The “winning” team will receive the points equivalent to the average score of all the winning team matches played that night. The forfeit team will receive zero points.
- Two forfeits from a team within one 7-week season will result in team expulsion from the league without benefit of a refund.
- A player, male or female, cannot play for more than one league team during one season. A player may play for one team only but participate in both the Monday and Thursday leagues.
- A “floater” player is available (when appropriate notice is given to Coach Alex Lalaoui – not the night before or day of your match, please) to help your team when short players.
- If a player is found to be playing on two teams, the player will be suspended for one game, and the team the player was substituting in will receive a forfeit for that game match.
- The clock will run continuously unless a serious injury occurs.
- All games are thirty minutes in duration with no breaks.
- There is NO slide tackling.
- There is no offside.
- Shin guards are mandatory.
- No jewelry of any kind can be worn.
- No chewing gum, chewing tobacco or candy can be eaten during play.
- No spitting, swearing, or cursing at any time.
- No animals of any kind (except valid service animals) are allowed in the gym or on the premises.
- No alcohol or smoking on the premises, including in the parking lot. Participants that appear to be under the influence of any controlled substance, including illicit drugs or alcohol, will risk having their entire team disqualified from the league without refund of league fees.
- Proper sports attire is expected. Shirts/footwear must be worn at all times.
- This is an INDOOR match played on a traditional school gymnasium type floor. Sneakers or indoor soccer shoes are permitted. No cleats of any kind.
- Only rostered players, designated league staff and referees may be on the gymnasium floor during the matches.
- We welcome adult friends and family members to the gym to watch matches. There will be no supervision, security or safety guaranteed for any minor children that accompany you.
- A goal can be scored directly from kickoff.
- When a team has been awarded a penalty kick, it must be taken from the white line in front of your intended goal. Please ask the referee for direction if you are not sure where to shoot from. Players may not obstruct the “arc” in front of the goal during a penalty kick or intercept a shot. Players may stand on either side of the goal (left or right) on the OUTSIDE of the arc. Your referee will guide you on proper player placement if there is a question. If the shot is missed, the game is live.
- You cannot shoot and score from your own half of the field unless your shot is deflected off of another player – not deflected by a crossbar, wall or post.
- You can score if the ball is on the halfway line or beyond it.
- If a ball strikes a ceiling, basketball hoops or light fixtures, an indirect kick shall be awarded from the point on the gym floor directly underneath the object that was struck.
- Each match will commence with a referee’s whistle and end with a final horn notification.
- After a match has been played, a team must shake hands with the opposing team in a show of good sportsmanship and fair team play. This is mandatory for all teams in all matches.
- Any protests from a team must be concluded in a civilized and thoughtful manner. We encourage you to report issues to Coach Alex Lalaoui in a timely manner, preferably immediately after they have been observed.
- There are absolutely no refunds of any amount because of lateness, absenteeism, or expulsion from the tournament due to non-compliance of the official league rules.
- The referee has the final decision with all on-field matters including time keeping.
- The Soccer Learning Center reserves the right to refuse team registration applications for any reason.
- Any updates or revisions to these team rules will be posted on our website at www.TSLCNews.com.
- The winning team is determined by the results of the final match. Winning teams will receive a token award such as a medal, certificate or trophy at the discretion of Coach Alex Lalaoui. Additional awards are sometimes issued to MVP players and for other league categories.
Reminder to All Participants:
Your safety is number one for us. Winning is great…but good sportsmanship trumps all. Please keep this a fun, fair and professional league – and GOOD LUCK!
Issued: January 30, 2012/Updated August 16, 2014